BestClinic.com provides information on canthoplasty in Turkey and helps you book surgery with qualified surgeons. This content is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional.
How much does a canthoplasty cost in Turkey?
The average cost of a canthoplasty in Turkey in Istanbul is £1,500. Depending on the needs, a canthoplasty costs from £1,300 to £1,700 in Turkey.
|Procedure||Turkey Price||UK Price|
What is a canthoplasty?
With the passage of time, the skin around the eyes gradually loses its elasticity and firmness and the eyelids become flaccid and shapeless. The most noticeable signs of age in the eye area are crow’s feet, bags under the eyes, and drooping of the upper eyelids. Canthoplasty is an operation that deals with the latter problem, improving the appearance of the eye and restoring youthfulness to the face.
What does canthoplasty consist of?
Canthoplasty is surgery that repositions the external area of the eyes by joining the upper and lower eyelids. The main objective is to correct the sad and tired appearance of the eyes, although it can also be performed for medical purposes. The result obtained after this operation is a kind of “cat’s eye” since, by raising the lateral canthus, it becomes more slanted.
There are two reasons why canthoplasty is performed and each of them has a different purpose:
- Following aesthetic criteria. When the patient wishes to reduce the effects of ptosis (drooping eyes), a clear sign of ageing.
- Following medical criteria. When the lower eyelid is poorly positioned or drooping as a result of trauma or blepharoplasty surgery previously performed. It may also happen that the edge of the eyelid is turned inwards, causing the eyelashes to rub against the eyeball and not allowing the eyelid to perform its function correctly.
What is the canthoplasty procedure?
As you can guess from the name, this procedure is performed on the canthus of the eyes, that is, on the outer area where the upper eyelids meet the lower eyelids. Canthoplasty consists of making an incision in the tendon at the corner of the eyes and then attaching it to the lateral orbital rim
This surgery is performed under local anesthesia and sedation, so the patient can go home the same day. The scar that remains is practically invisible. The postoperative period is short, although for the first few days you should be careful with direct light, wear sunglasses and follow the doctor’s instructions. The definitive result will be visible one month after the operation.
What types of canthoplasty are there?
There are two types of canthoplasty, depending on the objective to be achieved:
- Lateral canthoplasty, in which the drooping eyelids are lifted and the eyes are slanted upwards, almond-shaped.
- Epicanthoplasty, in which the inner corners of the eyes are reshaped and the epicanthal folds are modified to increase the size and expressiveness of the eyes. This problem is typical of populations that share Mongoloid phenotypic traits and is caused by the skin fold extending into the upper eyelid fold, making it difficult to see.
When is canthoplasty recommended?
Before performing a canthoplasty, the doctor will examine the patient’s palpebral and periocular area and determine whether the operation is appropriate. It is indicated for:
- People who have eyes that are too round and want to correct the appearance of the gaze, stylizing the eyes and improving the tone of the lower eyelids.
- Patients with flaccid eyelids due to genetic reasons.
- Those with drooping eyelids due to the passage of time.
- Patients with eye asymmetries following facial paralysis.
- People who are going to undergo blepharoplasty to get rid of bags under the eyes can take the opportunity to undergo canthoplasty at the same time (if the doctor considers it appropriate).
Can canthoplasty be combined with another procedure?
Canthoplasty is an intervention that can be performed alone, but it is normal for it to be combined with other procedures with the aim of improving the expression of the eyes as much as possible. One of them is blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery.
Blepharoplasty is an operation to remove unflattering bags under the eyes and dark circles under the eyes. It consists of removing excess skin and fat from the upper or lower eyelids and the area around the eyes. After this procedure, the change in the eyes and the whole face is very noticeable and satisfactory.
By combining both surgeries, the eyelids are lifted and the eyes are given an almond shape. With all of this, the eyes are made more beautiful, eradicating the tired, sad look that is typical of ageing.
Get a FREE pre-diagnosis!
On request and without any commitment
100% free consultation.
We analyse your situation, your needs and expectations. And we estimate the budget needed for : Flight + Hotel + Taxi + Operation
At all times, you retain full control of the process.
Total peace of mind.