BestClinic.com provides information on dental implant in Turkey and helps you book surgery with qualified surgeons. This content is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional.
How much does a dental implant cost in Turkey?
The average cost of a dental implant in Turkey in Istanbul is £450. Depending on the needs, a dental implant costs from £300 to £700 in Turkey.
|Procedure||Turkey Price||UK Price|
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant in Turkey is a 100% bio-compatible medical device in the form of a screw that is surgically inserted into the jawbone and simulates the root of a natural tooth. After the osseointegration phase, i.e. the time it takes for the implant to weld to the alveolar bone, the implant-supported prosthesis is placed on the dental implant.
- Durability: While some people have been wearing dental implants for more than 40 years, the WHO (World Health Organization) estimates that fixed and removable prostheses last approximately 15 years. Therefore, dental implants in Istanbul are much more durable than dental bridges and also than removable or “removable” prostheses.
- Very conservative treatment: In order to rehabilitate a lost tooth space by placing an implant, it will not be necessary to grind down the teeth adjacent to this area. This will help to preserve these teeth as grinding will weaken them and shorten their life.
- It prevents the resorption of the alveolar bone: The dental implant acts as if it were the root of a natural tooth, that is to say, it stimulates the alveolar bone and prevents its loss or bone resorption. Only dental implants are capable of preserving the alveolar bone as opposed to fixed or removable prostheses.
Bone set for dental implants in Turkey
In some cases, guided bone regeneration techniques such as sinus lift, bone expansion or bone grafting techniques may be necessary.
The price of bone regeneration techniques depends on the material we need to use. For example, resorbable membranes, chichettes, screws and the amount of synthetic bone needed for bone regeneration, etc.
Instructions after dental implant placement
When the implant is placed, you must follow the instructions below:
- Bite down on a gauze pad after the procedure for one hour.
- Do not spit. Spitting may cause the clot to pop and bleed more. If you have blood or saliva in your mouth, we recommend swallowing or dropping it into a napkin for 24 hours.
- Do not rinse your mouth for 24 hours.
- Avoid eating until after the anesthesia has worn off and take the medication prescribed by your dentist.
- To eat we recommend soft foods at room temperature. Drink plenty of fluids, chew on the area that has not been operated and avoid hot and irritating foods for the first few days.
- During the first few hours you will notice some blood oozing from the wound. Fold a gauze pad, place it over the area and bite it for 1 hour (you can repeat this).
- It is preferable to maintain a posture in which the head is higher than the body. For example, sitting or in bed with pillows under the mattress.
- The day after the procedure you can rinse your mouth (you can do a salt and water or thyme rinse, or use a chlorhexidine mouthwash for a week). You can also use a chlorhexidine gel by applying it to the area that has been operated on.
- It is important and I recommend maintaining good hygiene in the wound. You can use a soft toothbrush on the wound or operated area after 24 hours.
- You must ensure that the hygiene of your mouth and the wound is correct. There are surgical toothbrushes that you can buy at the pharmacy.
Normal symptoms after implants
- During the first 24 hours it is normal to notice a little blood coming out of the wound which will gradually subside. If you notice a lot of bleeding, take a gauze and place it over the wound and bite again for an hour.
- During the postoperative period until the seventh day it is normal to present symptoms of swelling in the cheek and hematoma (bruises) or difficulty opening the mouth.
- It is also possible to have a few tenths of fever during the first day (normal up to 38º).
- Swelling is usually maximal between 24 and 72 hours.
- It is normal for the stitches to pull. Once the stitches are removed after 7 days, you must maintain meticulous hygiene in the wound for about 1 month.
- Smoking and smoking can complicate and delay wound healing and increases the risk of infection, so I recommend not smoking during the postoperative period.
It is very important that you follow the postoperative instructions and take the prescribed medication correctly. In case of any doubt, contact the dentist at your dental clinic.
Frequently asked questions about implant dentistry
Here we answer the main questions that people have before undergoing implantology treatment.
The dental implant in Turkey is a 100% bio-compatible medical device designed to replace a missing or lost tooth. Generally it has a conical shape, like a screw threaded screw and its surface can have different coatings or textures that facilitate its osseo-integration (the union with the alveolar bone).
Can the implant and the tooth be placed on the same day?
Nowadays, it is possible to place fixed teeth in one day. This technique is known as immediate load implants. This means that within 24 hours, or at the same time of the placement of the titanium implants, we can place temporary fixed teeth.
Immediate load teeth are placed on the day and will be worn during the months of osseointegration. Then the definitive fixed teeth will be placed. You can leave the clinic with fixed temporary teeth and do not have to be without teeth at any time.
In this way you can immediately return to your social and working life. That is, you can smile and chew without problems from the first moment. In this way, the patient can immediately and comfortably return to his or her family, social and working life the following day, and does not have to be without teeth at any time.
The patient leaves the office with fixed provisional teeth with which to smile and chew without problems from the first moment.
What are the alternatives to dental implants?
Although permanent teeth should last a lifetime, not everyone manages to take care of them properly. The truth is that there are many factors that can damage the health of your mouth and lead to tooth loss.
Are you self-conscious because you are missing one or more teeth? Don’t want to wear uncomfortable removable dentures? Don’t want to wear down your teeth to place a dental bridge?
Dental implants are the most effective technique to replace missing teeth. We will explain everything you need to know about planning the best definitive solution for your particular implantology case.
Consult with a implantologist to find out if dental implants are a good option for you. None of the alternatives, be it a removable denture or a dental bridge, offer as good a performance as implantology treatments.
Dental implants greatly improve the performance of your mouth compared to more traditional methods such as removable dentures or fixed bridges.
Dentures do not allow proper chewing, cause bone loss and damage the teeth where they are supported. Bridges have the disadvantage of having to file the adjacent teeth where they are supported.
Advantages of dental implants vs. bridges or removable dentures
The main advantages of implants over fixed prostheses or bridges and/or removable prostheses are:
- Longer durability. While the WHO (World Health Organization) estimates that fixed and removable prostheses have an approximate durability of 10-15 years, implants can last almost a lifetime.
- Greater stability or comfort. It is like having your own or natural teeth.
- More conservative treatment. To make a bridge or a fixed prosthesis it will be necessary to grind the teeth adjacent to the area to be rehabilitated, which will weaken these teeth.
- Removable prostheses are held by hooks or attachments on the teeth adjacent to the area to be rehabilitated, which over time, will overload these pieces weakening them.
- It is the only treatment that preserves the alveolar bone. When a tooth is lost, the alveolar bone that supported it will be re-absorbed or lost with the passage of time as it does not receive any stimulus. The placement of dental implants avoids bone resorption in the edentulous zone (zone or area of the lost or absent tooth).
When are dental implants indicated?
The treatment of dental implants will be indicated in the absence or loss of one or more teeth. We can lose our teeth for several reasons, the main ones are:
- Dental fractures. Originated by a contusion or a blow, by bruxism, by very large cavities,…
- Due to dental caries. This destroys the anatomy of the tooth and can cause it to break or fracture.
- Periodontitis or pyorrhea. The loss of the supporting structures of the teeth and also the loss of bone can cause tooth mobility and premature loss of teeth.
- Dental implants are a bio-sanitary product, 100% bio-compatible and safe with multiple benefits in the absence of teeth.
Benefits of dental implants in Turkey
A dental implant in Turkey allows you to restore the natural appearance and dental esthetics of your smile. As well as restoring the ability to eat what you want and in a natural way. It avoids the bone loss caused by missing teeth and the problems derived from it. When the entire process and recovery is complete, we can show off a healthy, functional and natural-looking smile.
In other words, they are titanium screws, a completely biocompatible material that are fixed to the mandible or maxilla. Once osseointegrated, they can support any type of prosthesis: single crowns, bridges or complete dentures. Dental implants in Barcelona are the most recommended treatment in case of tooth loss, because they have all kinds of advantages:
- Natural result. Despite having an implant, the result is a natural-looking mouth. In addition, the implant does not compromise either the esthetics or the functionality of the other dental pieces. Other treatments (such as dental bridges) need the other teeth to support the prosthesis.
- Safer option. The dental implant is the safest solution to replace a missing tooth. The absence of teeth accelerates facial aging, because it favors bone loss. Thus, with dental implants your mouth will look healthier and rejuvenated.
- They can last a long time. Dental implants are less prone to wear and tear than other treatments. By replacing the tooth from the root, it remains in good condition for a longer period of time.
- Adaptation. Dental implants integrate quickly with the alveolar bone. In addition, with this treatment the gums do not recede. Although there are cases in which the body may reject the implant, this is not the most common. This type of implant guarantees a good adaptation to the patient’s mouth.
- Cleaning. Implants are easy to clean and are very esthetic for the patient. The oral cleaning techniques are the same as for natural teeth.
- Duration. Dental implants in Istanbul can last a lifetime. However, to achieve this, they must be properly cared for. It is advisable to maintain good oral hygiene and visit the dentist frequently. If we do not take care of the implants, infections and inflammations such as mucositis or peri-implantitis can occur.
What are the advantages of implant dentistry?
Frequently, patients come to dental clinics to rehabilitate their entire mouth, or because they have decided to recover a dental piece.
In most cases, implantology is the definitive solution, both for the esthetic results and for the functional aspect.
- Natural look. We achieve very natural aesthetic results.
- You will be able to eat with tranquility and naturalness. You will gain in health.
- You will recover your smile and confidence.
- Conservative and lasting treatment. It is the most conservative because it does not involve damaging healthy teeth.
- Duration. This is also the most durable treatment. If you follow the care that we recommend at BestClinic you can extend the life of your dental implants so that they last for many years.
- You will replace the missing tooth or molar without the need to wear down the teeth. As in the case of fixed bridges.
- You will avoid the wear, mobility and finally loss of molars that have had to replace the functionality of the missing tooth.
- It avoids occlusion problems derived from the displacement of the teeth.
- It is the fixed solution that most closely resembles natural teeth. And, it has a treatment success rate of 98-95%.
Can I have implants with little bone?
Current advances also make it possible to place implants with little bone. For this purpose, techniques such as sinus elevation, guided bone regeneration with synthetic bone and membranes, among other methods, are used.
How long does a dental implant last?
There are many factors that affect the longevity of a dental implant in Istanbul. First of all, good implant placement and bone quality are important.
It is also important to emphasize the importance of hygiene and the maintenance that this implant entails. At Propdental we believe that the use of a mouth irrigator is essential for the patient to have good hygiene in implant prostheses.
Maintenance at the dentist should be at least once a year. And finally, bad habits such as smoking or excessive drinking also negatively affect the duration of implant treatment.
What are the problems of losing a tooth?
With the loss of the tooth and over time, bone begins to be lost in that area. The loss of a tooth causes other teeth to move and alters the ability to eat. In other words, it makes the digestive process more difficult. When you are missing a tooth, it is more difficult to smile or eat.
- Chewing problems.
- Appearance of dental caries.
- Loss of adjacent teeth.
- Movement of teeth.
- Dental esthetic problems.
Dental implants are small screws made of titanium that replace the roots of one or more missing teeth. Due to the biocompatible properties of titanium, the dental implant fuses with the bone and becomes a secure anchor to place your new permanent fixed teeth. Recover your lost teeth and go back to eating and smiling normally.
Get a FREE pre-diagnosis!
On request and without any commitment
100% free consultation.
We analyse your situation, your needs and expectations. And we estimate the budget needed for : Flight + Hotel + Taxi + Operation
At all times, you retain full control of the process.
Total peace of mind.