BestClinic.com provides information on DHI hair transplant in Turkey and helps you book surgery with qualified surgeons. This content is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional.
How much does a DHI hair transplant cost in Turkey?
The average cost of a DHI hair transplant in Turkey in Istanbul is £2,600. Depending on the needs, a DHI hair transplant costs from £1,750 to £3,000 in Turkey.
|Procedure||Turkey Price||UK Price|
|DHI hair transplant||£2,600||£4,400|
What is a DHI hair transplant?
The DHI hair transplant in Turkey (Direct Hair Implantation) technique manages to perform the extraction and implantation of the new hair follicle simultaneously, so that the grafts remain outside the body for less time. This is the main advantage and therefore the survival of the follicles is greater and recovery takes less time. This fast process is performed by means of an advanced instrumentation called “implanter” in the form of a hollow needle that is connected to a cylinder and a device to perform the graft on the scalp.
Differences between DHI and FUE technique
In short, the DHI hair transplant in Turkey technique is a variant of the FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) technique. As we have already said, it is very similar in the process of extracting follicles one by one, and the main difference lies in the method of implantation in the recipient area.
The main differences between the FUE technique and the DHI method are:
- With the DHI technique the graft area does not have to be shaved. In the FUE technique the donor area has to be shaved as well as the grafting area.
- The FUE method is used to both extract and graft the follicles, while the DHI technique only refers to the final step of grafting the follicles.
- In the DHI technique the follicles are grafted right after extraction, while in the FUE technique they are not implanted directly after extraction, but go to a culture zone where those hair follicles that are not useful are discarded.
- With the DHI technique a maximum of 3,000 follicles can be implanted. On the contrary, with FUE there is no limit to the number of follicular units to be grafted.
- Finally, regarding bleeding, the DHI technique bleeds a little less than FUE.
Advantages of DHI technique
The main advantage of this technique is that it allows hair transplantation without shaving. For this reason it has become the favorite hair transplant technique for men who have long hair. Also for this reason it is the technique chosen by many people who prefer to hide the fact that they have had this type of treatment.
Another very important advantage is that the follicles remain outside the body much less time before being implanted back into the scalp, so the survival of the follicles is much higher and they remain firmer and more secure.
In addition, the implanter allows the specialist to be more precise in both the depth of the graft and the angle at which the new hair will grow, which allows for a natural result.
Disadvantages of DHI technique
This technique also has some drawbacks that you should be aware of and keep in mind, which are:
- By using such a specific instrument you need more precision during surgery. Is this a disadvantage? If you put yourself in the hands of a specialist who is not as qualified and experienced as they should be, it is.
- It is recommended for grafts in small areas with a maximum of 3,000 follicles, so it is not recommended in cases of total or advanced baldness.
Are all patients suitable for DHI hair transplantation?
In general, transplantation treatment has the following contraindications for any patient:
- People with certain skin diseases such as cutaneous lupus, Morphea or severe folliculitis.
- People with neuromuscular diseases, such as diabetes mellitus, hypertension or heart disease both moderate and severe.
- Patients with psychological problems.
In particular, this technique is not suitable for covering large areas of your head where you have no hair.
Get a FREE pre-diagnosis!
On request and without any commitment
100% free consultation.
We analyse your situation, your needs and expectations. And we estimate the budget needed for : Flight + Hotel + Taxi + Operation
At all times, you retain full control of the process.
Total peace of mind.