BestClinic.com provides information on mammoplasty in Turkey and helps you book a procedure with qualified surgeons. This content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional.
How much does mammoplasty cost in Turkey?
The average cost of a mammoplasty in Turkey in Istanbul is £1,800. Depending on the needs, mammoplasty costs from £1,500 to £2,100 in Turkey.
|Procedure||Turkey Price||UK Price|
What is a mammoplasty?
Reduction mammoplasty in Turkey, also known as breast reduction, removes excess breast fat, glandular tissue and skin to achieve a breast size in proportion to the body and to alleviate the discomfort associated with overly large breasts.
In addition to self-image problems, large breasts can also cause physical pain and limit an active life.
Indications for reduction mammoplasty in Turkey
Mammoplasty in Turkey is often performed more to alleviate a physical problem than a purely aesthetic problem, although the ultimate goal is to have a beautiful and proportionate breast. In most cases, it is performed until the breast is fully developed, although it can be performed earlier if the physical problems are very important. A condition called virginal hypertrophy or nulliparous hypertrophy of the breast causes excessive, diffuse breast growth in adolescents and is surgical because of its disability.
Reduction mammoplasty is not recommended if you intend to breastfeed after pregnancy.
Breast reduction is a good option for you if you:
- You are physically healthy.
- You have realistic expectations.
- You do not smoke.
- You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts are too large.
- Your breasts limit your physical activity.
- You experience back, neck and shoulder pain caused by the weight of your breasts.
- You have skin irritation under the breast crease.
- Your breasts sag and have stretched skin.
- Your nipples rest below the breast crease.
- You have large areolas caused by stretched skin.
- The first visit
- You should be prepared to discuss your expectations and desired outcome.
We will ask you about:
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments.
- Use of current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drugs.
- Previous surgeries.
- Family history of breast cancer and results of previous mammograms or biopsies.
- During the first visit the surgeon will also examine your breasts, the shape, the quality of the skin, the placement of the nipples and areolas and even take measurements with a tape measure.
You should leave the consultation with a clear idea of what the mammoplasty procedure will be like, the scars that will be left in your particular case, possible side effects and possible complications.
Preparing for breast reduction surgery
Before surgery in Turkey, you’ll need to:
- Have laboratory tests or a medical examination
- Have an electrocardiogram and chest x-ray.
- Take some medications or adjust your current medications
- Get a baseline mammogram before surgery.
- Stop smoking at least 20 days before surgery.
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatory, aspirin-type medications that may increase bleeding.
- Anesthesia: Medications are administered intravenously and the surgery is performed under general anesthesia.
- Incision: Incision options are: Racket pattern with an incision around the areola and vertically down to the breast crease or an inverted T (we add in this case an incision in the submammary crease).
- Removal of excess tissue and repositioning of the breasts.
- Closing of the incisions: The incisions are joined together to form the now smaller breast again. Sutures are placed in deeper layers within the breast tissue to create and support the breasts and also in more superficial planes to avoid wide scars. The incision lines are permanent, although in most cases they will improve significantly and fade over time.
- Seeing the results: The results of breast reduction surgery are immediately visible. Over time, post-surgical swelling will resolve and incision lines will fade. Satisfaction with the result improves over time.
Recovery in Istanbul
You will leave the operating room wearing a bandage or sports bra and, in some cases, tubes to drain any bleeding that may occur. This drainage is removed before you leave the clinic.
- On the day of discharge, you will leave the clinic with adhesive plasters on the wounds and a bra.
- You will be able to shower 48 hours after the procedure.
- Care consists of putting Betadine on the wounds every 12 hours and taking some medication for the first 7 to 10 days.
- It is recommended that you avoid exertion for the first 2-3 weeks.
- The first visit is usually between 3 and 7 days after surgery.
Results of breast reduction in Istanbul
The results of breast reduction surgery will be long-lasting.
The new breast measurements will help to alleviate the pain and physical limitations experienced prior to mammoplasty, although there is never a guarantee that back pain will decrease if you have it, as there are many factors that influence back pain regardless of the weight of your breasts.
Your more proportionate figure: it is likely to improve your image and may also improve your self-confidence.
Although the results of breast reduction are long-lasting, it is possible that over time your breasts may change due to aging, weight fluctuations, hormonal factors and gravity.
Where are the scars of a breast reduction located?
Will the scars be noticeable after the breast reduction in Turkey?
There are clues that can guide us as to how a patient will heal, but in all cases of surgery with large scars it is preferable to take preventive measures to try to avoid poor healing:
We usually recommend silicone dressings over the scars for a period of no less than 3-4 months.
We offer the possibility of fractionated laser treatment specifically for scars from the 3rd week onwards. The recommendation is normally 4 sessions.
In cases with hypertrophic scars, intracicatricial corticosteroid injection can be used, but this measure must be carried out with great caution because we could obtain the opposite effect and create atrophic and diastasis scars.
What consistency will the breast have after the surgery?
When do I have to wait to have a definitive result after a breast reduction?
In which cases is it advisable to have a reduction and a prosthesis at the same time?
-When the patient desires a prosthesis effect, especially in the upper pole, we sometimes practice reduction + prosthesis placement. In these cases, the filling effect of the upper pole is more stable in the long term.
-In some cases of the hypertrophic tuberous breast it is desirable to remove part of the gland and then fill it with prostheses.
In any case, it must be taken into account that prostheses sometimes cause problems and there are patients who request the removal of the implants after a more or less long period of time. In these cases, breast tissue has been removed and then the implant must be removed. The patient may be left with a smaller breast than she would like.
At what age can I have the operation?
Will the size of my breasts change if I get thinner or put on weight?
Get a FREE pre-diagnosis!
On request and without any commitment
100% free consultation.
We analyse your situation, your needs and expectations. And we estimate the budget needed for : Flight + Hotel + Taxi + Operation
At all times, you retain full control of the process.
Total peace of mind.